Keep up to date with the latest news and announcements relating to Council’s projects and services. Please contact Council if the information you require is not displayed.
Whitsunday Regional Council has resolved to waive the fees associated with a range ofcommunity and sporting events and projects across the region.
Mayor Jenny Whitney said that Council is always pleased to be able to support community events particularly the smaller ones that don’t easily attract funding or sponsors.
“The variety of events and workshops that are occurring across the region is fantastic and many of these are giving a welcome boost to our region’s visitor numbers,” Mayor Whitney said.
“Our vision is for a healthy and active community that actively promotes, participates andencourages participation in sport and recreation activities in the region, as set out in our Corporate Plan,”
Council’s support included sponsorship, waiving of various application, hire & licence feesassociated with the following events:
• $1053 waiver of the combined fees for the Collinsville Lions Club Inc for the CollinsvilleLions Melbourne Cup Fair to be held on 3 November 2015 at the Collinsville ShowGrounds.
• $255 waiver in combined fees for Reef Catchments for 3 separate Coast Care events heldpreviously on 24 September 2015, and again in March and April 2016 at Conway BeachReserve.
• $383 waiver of the event application fee for the Collinsville Rodeo Association for theABCRA NQ Zone Rodeo Finals previously held on 26 September 2015 in Collinsville.
• Sponsorship of $100 to the Whitsunday Swimming Club for the annual North QueenslandSwimming Carnival to be held on 1 November 2015 to be hosted at the ProserpineSwimming Club.
• $629 waiver of the building application fee for Whitsunday Equestrian for the erection of acarport structure on Council Land, at Turner Road Riordanvale. (Lessee CannonvalleyPony Club)
• $5820 for in-kind support for the Bowen Netball Association to assist them with theredevelopment of their netball courts. The in-kind support includes labour and plantprovision to remove the current asphalt netball courts and prepare the site for a newconcrete slab
• $10,000 grant to the Proserpine Junior Sporting Complex for the operation andmaintenance of the facility
Follow Whitsunday Regional Council on Facebook and LinkedIn
For media enquiries, contact:Lisa Maher, Communications OfficerPhone: 07 4945 0204, 0408 713 243 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org