Keep up to date with the latest news and announcements relating to Council’s projects and services. Please contact Council if the information you require is not displayed.
Whitsunday Regional Council Mayor Jenny Whitney is reminding residents that Council aredeveloping a five year corporate vision for the Whitsunday Regional Council and asking thecommunity for input.
Mayor Jenny Whitney said Council is required to develop a five year Corporate Plan spanning from 2014-2019, called Whitsunday Regional Council 2020.
“We currently have a survey out asking the community to identify what you believe the importantissues are for Whitsunday Regional Council,” Mayor Whitney said.
“Residents are encouraged to go to Council’s website or get a hardcopy survey from one of ourlibraries or customer service centres and tell us what you think Council’s priorities should be over the next five years.
“We want to hear your views about what you think the Council should be focusing on, whether it be town planning, waste management, parks, reducing the debt or something entirely different – have your say.
“The survey closes on the 10th of March and we are keen to get insights from as many local people as possible before the closure date.
“Whitsunday Regional Council 2020 is a way of measuring Council’s progress in achieving thesekey strategies.
“Community forums to further discuss Whitsunday Regional Council 2020 will be held inCannonvale, Proserpine, Bowen and Collinsville in the coming months,” she said.
Whitsunday Regional Council 2020 survey:
1. What do you consider the top 5 priorities for the Whitsunday community over the next 5 years?
How do you see council focusing on these priorities?
2. What additional services should Whitsunday Regional Council be providing? Are there anyservices Council should no longer provide?
Community and Environment
3. From a planning perspective how do you picture the Whitsunday region community andenvironment developing over the next 5 years?
4. What do you think the priorities should be for the Whitsunday Regional Council to attractinvestment, growth and economic development to the region?Infrastructure
5. What do you consider the top infrastructure projects for the next 5 years in the Whitsundayregion?
Be part of the local conversation and fill out the survey; on the Council website or at our Customer Service Centres or libraries.
For media enquiries, contact:Kate Lennox, Communications ManagerPhone: 07 4945 0614, 0427 458 369 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org