Whitsunday 2020 Corporate Plan 2014-2019 [PDF 6MB] a five year corporate vision spanning from 2014-2019 which informs Council's directions and priorities, it is also a way of measuring Council's progress in achieving key strategies.
Council is committed to delivering on the objectives of Whitsunday 2020 which identifies the four central themes of governance and leadership, people, place and prosperity.
With a strong focus on economic development the seven strategic priorities identified in the plan are:
1. Advocate for implementation of the Bruce Highway Action Plan
2. Develop the Whitsunday Coast International Export Hub as a significant transport and exports hub and regional economic driver
3. Advocate for the construction of the Urannah Dam and improvements to the Burdekin Falls Dam
4. Advocate for the establishment of a base load power station at Collinsville and alternative energy sources
5. Advocate for the continued development of the Port of Abbot Point and the Abbot Point State Development Area
6. Advocate for the establishment of an integrated resort and casino development within the Whitsunday region
7. Advocate for the growth of the agriculture, horticulture and seafood sectors for expanding export opportunities