Do I need a trade waste permit?

What is Trade Waste?
Trade waste is defined under the Water Supply (Safety and Reliability) Act 2008 as being water-borne waste from business, trade or manufacturing premises, other than-

1) Waste that is a prohibited substance; or
2) Human waste; or
3) Stormwater

Do I produce Trade Waste?
Many commercial and industrial businesses, from small bakeries, hairdressers and cafes to large restaurants and metal finishing industries, produce trade waste.  
Why worry about Trade waste?
Proper trade waste management assists the Whitsunday Regional Council to protect the environment and its waterways. Our waterways are important environmental attractions  to our area and every individual together with Council should take steps to protect them  from pollution. Proper management also limits damage to the Whitsunday Regional  Councils’ wastewater system, treatment plants and protects public health. 
What are my Legal Responsibilities?
Discharging waste to Whitsunday Regional Council’s wastewater system without  approval is illegal and can bring penalties. If you are a property owner that has a business on your premises which generates trade waste and discharges it to the sewer it is your responsibility to ensure that you have permission from Council and have a current Trade Waste Permit.

How do I apply for a Trade Waste Permit?
Complete the appropriate Trade Waste Application Form from the list below and submit to Council with the relevant documentation.

  1. P  1300 WRC QLD (1300 972 753)

    67 Herbert Street, Bowen
    Shop 23 Whitsunday Plaza, Cannonvale
    Cnr. Stanley and Conway Streets, Collinsville
    83 - 85 Main Street, Proserpine
  1. LINKS

    My Dashboard   |   Privacy   |   Disclaimer   |   Accessibility   |   Site Map   |   Right to Information

    Powered by CivicPlus from Redman Solutions

    © Copyright Whitsunday Council 2014