Show All Answers
Please ask at the Collinsville Information Centre located in the RV Park.
Contact person: Brett 0418 556 560
There are also significant benefits for applicants:
- You will have the ability to apply online 24 hours a day, 365 days a year using a range of electronic and mobile devices - You will be able to login and see all the jobs you've applied for - You will be able to set up alerts to notify you when jobs you are interested in are advertised - There may not be a specific vacancy when you initially login but you will be able to register for 'job alerts'.
Whitsunday Regional Council also has an 'Expression of Interest - Working at the Whitsunday Regional Council' job advert for casual or temporary positions that may become available that are not advertised. Click on 'Search jobs' on the top left side of the site to search for the advert and click 'Apply now'.
If you require assistance after hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and our first available representative will respond within 2 business days. Please include your contact details, reference number of the position and a full description of your query.
The Recruitment Coordinator will endeavour to answer all of your questions however if your questions are technical specific we may need to contact the Hiring Manager of the position for more information.
If this is the case please email your questions to email@example.com and the Recruitment Coordinator will contact the Hiring Manager for more information.
All details entered into the system are confidential and cannot be accessed by unauthorised people.
The final legal step in the journey to become an Australian citizen, for most people is to make a Pledge of Commitment at a citizenship ceremony. Usually, your citizenship ceremony will be held at your local council within six months of your application being approved, although waiting times can vary.
There is no need to buy bottled water. The Whitsunday’s drinking water is of the highest quality and well treated. Safe, clean tap water will continue to be supplied directly to your home everyday.
- 9 day fortnights based on 36.25 (indoor staff) and 38 (outdoor staff) hours per week - Part-time hours - 10 day fortnight based on 38 hours per week (contract positions)
The Whitsunday Regional Council's current Certified Agreement contains provisions for increases in pay commencing 1 July each year. See Council's current Certified Agreement for relevant increases.
Council offer above award wages and allowances due to a very comprehensive Certified Agreement.
Salaries and wages are paid fortnightly into a nominated bank account.
Study Assistance Program, plus a strong emphasis on developing our people
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - the employee assistance program provides 24 hour nationwide confidential counselling services for employees and their families going through personal or work related problems
Active Social Club with raffles and various events throughout the year
Corporate Health Plans with LGAQ
Relocation expenses by negotiation (prior to commencing employment)
Microsoft Office Home User Program
Standard 5 weeks annual leave each year (plus 17.5 per cent loading)
15 days of personal leave per annum (including leave to care for family)
A range of other generous leave entitlements
Paid maternity leave - 6 weeks with the option of 12 weeks at half page and paid paternity leave for 1 week
Ability to take long service leave pro-rata after 7 years of service
9 day working fortnight (with the exception of Contract Employees)
There is currently nine (9) storm tide warning location points within the Whitsunday Region which include Molongle Creek, Abbot Point, Bowen, Brisk Bay, Dingo Beach, Airlie Beach, Conway Beach, Hayman Island and Hamilton Island.
Storm tide risk has been mapped across the Whitsunday Region from Highest Astronomical Tide (HAT) level, also referred to as King Tide Level, to approximately 6.25m HAT.
- Your evacuation route may be at risk from storm tide, even though your property is high - Evacuation maps include higher elevated land to include the low frequency events, more intense cyclones and sea level rise - You live in a coastal town with limited local emergency services and resources where evacuation for severe cyclone events may be recommended or necessary
1. Prepare an Evacuation Plan; identify your primary evacuation route and alternative evacuation routes.
2. Prepare an Evacuation Kit and Emergency Kit.
3. Consider and identify your evacuation and shelter options, these may include: - Going to friends / family / accommodation premises in a higher and safer place. - Leaving / evacuating the cyclone warning area entirely. - Public Cyclone Shelters (last resort and only if open) are located in Bowen and Proserpine
These have capacity limits and are generally only open for Severe (Category 3, 4 or 5) Tropical Cyclone events. Refer to the Cyclone Shelter Page for more information.
- Shelter inside house (highest and safest part), if too late or unable to evacuate.
4. Tune into warnings, authorities will advise which colour zones need to evacuate.
The Whitsunday Disaster Management Group in close consultation with the Mackay District Disaster Management Group will recommend voluntary evacuation of exposed evacuation zoned.
A directed evacuation may be ordered by the Mackay District Disaster Coordinator (high ranking Police Officer). This decision is made in close consultation with the WDMG.
If you are in a zone that is directed to evacuate, you must evacuate. Directed evacuations are ordered for colour zones when there is a threat to life and / or property so it is vitally important to your safety that you evacuate if directed.
- Sea level continues to rise - More intense cyclones
Both these outcomes will result in worse storm tide events. The frequency of cyclones however is expected to decrease.
For more information please contact Customer Service 4945 0200.
Any costs associated with the damage to your property, including cleaning, repair and replacement costs, should be referred to your insurer.
If you need to organise it yourself, visit the Whitsunday Regional Council website to download a Search Request Form - see the link below. Please return via mail or email to:
Whitsunday Regional CouncilPO Box 104PROSERPINE QLD 4800 or firstname.lastname@example.org A-Z Forms